Thirteen international and domestic men’s professional cycling teams have accepted invitations to race in this year’s Larry H. Miller Tour of Utah on August 3–9, 2015. Three additional teams will be added later this spring.
Four of the teams competing will travel to the race directly from the Tour de France—BMC Racing Team, Cannondale-Garmin Pro Cycling, Trek Factory Racing, and MTN-Qhubeka.
Plenty of familiar faces should make this year’s race should be exciting to watch. Expected to return this year will be Tom Danielson of Team Cannondale-Garmin, who has won the race two years running. Also expected to compete will be Robin Carpenter of Team Hincapie, who placed second in the King of the Mountain classification during last year’s race. Rounding out the main classifications, Team SmartStop expects to return with Jure Kocjan, who captured the sprint points jersey in 2014.
“Each year we are honored to have such an impressive list of teams competing in the Tour of Utah. To have four teams already committed to travel to Utah from the Tour de France makes a big statement in the sports world about the growing prestige of the Tour of Utah. Our fans and our partners can expect more great racing battles from these world-class teams in August,” said Jenn Andrs, Tour of Utah executive director.
UCI ProTeams (*world rankings as of April 12, 2015)
• BMC Racing Team (USA), No.5 on UCI WorldTour
• Cannondale-Garmin Pro Cycling (USA), No. 17 on UCI WorldTour
• Trek Factory Racing (USA), No. 13 on UCI WorldTour
UCI Professional Continental Teams (rankings as of March 25, 2015)
• Drapac Professional Cycling (Australia), No. 2 on UCI Oceania Tour
• Team Colombia (Colombia), No. 3 on UCI America Tour
• Team MTN-Qhubeka presented by Samsung (South Africa), No. 1 on UCI Asia Tour
• UnitedHealthcare Pro Cycling Team (USA), No. 5 on UCI Asia Tour
UCI Continental Teams, America Tour (UCI ranking as of March 25, 2015)
• Axeon Cycling Team (USA), No. 4 on UCI Oceania Tour
• Hincapie Racing Team (USA), No. 7 on UCI Oceania Tour/ No. 5 on USAC NRC
• Jamis-Hagens Berman presented by Sutter Home (USA), No. 6 on UCI America Tour/ No. 3 on USAC NRC
• Jelly Belly presented by Maxxis (USA), No. 2 on USAC NRC
• Optum p/b Kelly Benefit Strategies (USA), No. 17 on UCI Europe Tour/ No. 1 on USAC NRC
• Team SmartStop (USA), No. 7 on UCI America Tour/ No. 7 on USAC NRC
This article was originally posted in Bicycling Magazine.