Skinny ice cream? Hard to believe, we know. Here’s the secret: coconut milk! Get all the chocolate-y goodness and coolness of mint with this delicious recipe.
- 1 frozen medium banana
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp dark chocolate (chips or cacao nibs)
- 1/2 Tbsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup coconut milk, chilled in the fridge for 3 hours
- 2 cups ice
- Place all the ingredients (except for the cacao nibs and peppermint extract) in a high-speed blender until thick and smooth.
- Add in the peppermint extract and mix until just combined.
- Add the cacao or dark chocolate chips last and fold through.
- Pour into container and leave to set in freezer.
- Let sit out of the freezer for 30 minutes before serving.
Recipe from Inspired, published online by Self Magazine.