- 4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 lb asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- Fresh dill sprigs, or chopped fresh thyme, rosemary or parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut four sheets of aluminum foil about 14-inch long.
- Divide asparagus into 4 equal portions (about 8 spears per foil packet) and layer in center of each length of foil.
- In a small bowl, stir together oil with garlic. Drizzle 1 tsp of the oil over portion of asparagus then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Rinse salmon and allow excess water to run off, then season bottom of each fillet with salt and pepper.
- Layer fillets over asparagus. Drizzle top of each salmon fillet with 1 tsp of the olive oil mixture and season top with salt and pepper to taste. Top each with about 2 sprigs dill and 2 lemon slices (if using fresh thyme or rosemary use about 3/4 tsp per each if using parsley use 1 1/2 tsp).
- Wrap sides of foil inward over salmon then fold in top and bottom of foil to enclose.
- Place foil pouches in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until salmon is cooked through, about 25 – 30 minutes.
- Unwrap and serve warm.