It’s getting chilly out there, and soup is always on my radar to warm up my hands, heart and stomach. This recipe is warm, creamy, rich, cheesy, spicy and healthy- a combo that may seem impossible, but this skinny soup pulls it off.
The best part of this recipe is that it’s so easy– just throw it in the crockpot and go!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion salt (or sub onion powder and salt)
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can yellow corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 30-ounce enchilada sauce (your choice of mild, medium, or a combo!)
- 1 14-ounce can tomato sauce
- ⅓ cup water or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons masa harina OR flour
- Optional toppings: tomatoes, shredded cheese, tortilla chip strips, avocados, cilantro
- Add chicken, 3 cups broth, cumin, garlic powder, onion salt, cream cheese, black beans, corn, enchilada sauce, and tomato sauce to your slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low 7-8 hours.
- About 10-15 minutes before serving, shred the chicken with 2 forks and stir soup until cream cheese is combined with soup.
- Whisk remaining ⅓ cup chicken broth (or water) and flour (or masa harina). Add to slow cooker and stir until thickened. Serve warm with additional toppings as desired.
Recipe adapted from Creme de la Crumb.
This recipe was brought to you by the ASPIRE Radar Orange!