Here at Swiftwick, we can not get enough avocado! Avocados provide nearly 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins and folic acid. And of course, they are an extremely delicious green food that will add a sparkle to your halo for any meal! We discovered this recipe while looking for a way to add more avocado to breakfast time, and this avocado egg bake did not disappoint.
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Chives (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F with a small (oven-proof) pan inside.
- Slice avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop some of the avocado out to make enough room for an egg.
- Eat the stuff that you scooped out!
- Place the avocados in the preheated pan and crack one egg inside of each half.
- Sprinkle with cheese, paprika, salt, and pepper and return pan to oven until the eggs are done the way you like them (10 minutes = runny; 20 minutes = hard).
- Add chives and sour cream on top (if desired).
Recipe adapted from Green Squash.