Summer (and tomato season) is on its way! This super fruit (yes, it’s a fruit) is full of micronutrients, vitamins and antioxidants that work together in a way that can ward off cancer, heart disease and other ailments. The more tomatoes you eat, the better! This stuffed red tomato recipe will be sure to razzle your taste buds.
- 4 large tomatoes (1 1/2 lbs), sliced into halves
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 oz asiago cheese, finely shredded (1/3 cup)
- 1 oz parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning (OR you can replace the Italian seasoning with fresh herbs such as basil, oregano, thyme or parsley)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place tomatoes on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, stir together olive oil with garlic. Brush mixture over tomatoes (working to somewhat evenly distribute garlic), then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss asiago and parmesan together then sprinkle cheeses evenly over tomatoes (about 1 Tbsp over each), then sprinkle evenly with Italian seasoning (or fresh herbs).
- Bake in preheated oven about 15 – 18 minutes until cheeses are golden and tomatoes are tender.
- Serve warm.
Don’t get caught red-handed- how about red-footed instead? Match your stuffed tomatoes with some Razzle Red ASPIRE’s! Try them in ZEROs, FOURs, or TWELVEs!
|Powered by SearchFit|
Recipe from: Cooking Classy
If you try this at home, comment and let us know how it turns out!