It’s officially fall, and we all know the number one ingredient on everyone’s radar. Let’s say it together: PUMPKIN.
Even if it’s not cool and crisp where you live yet, that’s okay. Start celebrating autumn anyway with this incredibly tasty pumpkin ravioli. This dish is perfect for carb loading for all your fall races, and we even ditched the heavy cream and added wonton wrappers to make it a much lighter meal. Plus, you can make this in 30 minutes or less.
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 lightly beaten egg yolk
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 16 wonton wrappers
- Sage leaves
- 2 tsp dry sherry
- Optional: Chopped walnuts and pomegranate seeds
- Combine 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, 1 lightly beaten egg yolk, 2 tbsp grated Parmesan, 1 tbsp breadcrumbs, 1/4 tsp kosher salt, 1/8 tsp sugar, 1/8 tsp black pepper and a pinch of nutmeg in a bowl to make the pumpkin filling. In a second bowl, lightly whisk 1 egg white.
- Arrange 16 wonton wrappers on parchment paper. Place a round tsp of pumpkin filling near corner of each wonton. Brush edges with egg white; fold into triangles and press around filling outward. Cover with damp paper towel.
- Cook ravioli in simmering water in two batches until they float, 4 minutes per batch. Transfer to a serving plate with a slotted spoon.
- Melt 2 tbsp unsalted butter in a medium pan over medium heat and stir until golden, 3 minutes. Add a handful of sage leaves; remove pan from heat and swirl. Stir in 2 tsp dry sherry and season with salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle butter-sage sauce over ravioli. Top with 2 tbsp each chopped walnuts and pomegranate seeds.
Love fall? Love pumpkin? Match your pumpkin ravioli with your socks!
The ASPIRE Radar Orange is the perfect complement to the season.