Sometimes you just need a good stew! Annie Weiss shares a very tasty option!
- 2 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (trimmed)
- 14oz Guinness or other stout beer
- 6T + ½ cup flour, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 3 pieces of bacon, chopped
- 1lb whole baby carrots
- 1 8oz package mushrooms, halved
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth (reduced sodium)
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- Combine 6T of fluid with ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper. Put chicken thighs in mixture and coat. Transfer to plate.
- Heat oil in fry pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until browned; 2-4 minutes each side. Transfer to crock pot
- Add bacon to fry pan and cook, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle remaining flour over bacon and continue to stir. Add stout. Using a wooden spoon, scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan; pour over chicken.
- Add carrots, mushrooms, onion, and garlic. Pour broth over top.
- Cover and cook until chicken is tender and falling apart. Generally, 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low depending on your crock pot.
- Stir in peas and cook for 5-10 more minutes. May add more salt/pepper as desired.