Energy Bites: A Great Snack to enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.*
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 20-25 balls.
*Prep time listed does not include time for the mixture to chill. To speed up the chilling, I recommend spreading the mixture out on a baking sheet, then covering it with plastic wrap and refrigerating.
Recipe provided by: Annie Weiss, MS RD; dietitian, ultra-endurance athlete, and ALTRA ambassador!
Follow her training/racing on Twitter & Instagram: ani_weiss and Facebook: Ani Weiss.