Potatoes don’t always sound like an exciting side dish, but it’s all about the preparation! These roasted baby red potatoes are anything but boring. The parsley and garlic combo make these little potatoes razzle, and the red color makes your plate just so darn pretty.
Cost to make: $4-5
- 3 lbs baby red potatoes, unpeeled
- 2 Tbsp extra light olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp dry parsley
- 1 tsp sea salt or 3/4 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cut potatoes into 1″ to 1 1/2″ pieces. Place them in a large pot half full with warm water. Bring potatoes to a boil and cook for 7-9 minutes (they should be almost cooked). Drain, cover to keep warm, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 Tbsp olive oil, 2 pressed garlic cloves, 1 1/2 tsp dry parsley, 1 tsp sea salt (or 3/4 tsp table salt) and 1/2 tsp black pepper.
- Gently toss potatoes with the seasoning mix until evenly coated (it helps to use a large mixing bowl for tossing).
- Transfer potatoes to a large rimmed, non-stick baking pan and place cut side down. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until the sides facing the pan are golden. Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with chopped fresh dill if desired and serve.
Original recipe from Natasha’s Kitchen.
Did you try this at home? How did it turn out? Let us know below!