If you’ve never had fruit pizza, you’ve haven’t truly lived. The sugar cookie crust and cream cheese topping complement the fresh fruit like they were made to always be eaten together.
This dessert is a perfect side for your 4th of July picnic, party or gathering. Any kind of fruit can be used for fruit pizza, but use blueberries, strawberries and bananas (I chose to skip the bananas this time) for a patriotic flare. It’s easy to make, easy to transport and easy to devour the whole thing, if you’re not careful.
- 1 (16.5 oz) pkg refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups assorted fresh fruit (use blueberries, strawberries and bananas for the American flag design!)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a rimmed 12-inch cookie sheet (or pizza pan if you want it to be more “pizza” shaped and less flag shaped).
- Line with foil. Spray foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Crumble cookie dough over prepared pizza pan and spread into an even layer to completely cover bottom of pan. Bake 13 – 14 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl (using an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer), whip cream cheese with sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Spread evenly over cooled crust. Top with fruit.
- Refrigerate 2 hours then cut into slices.
Did you try this for your Independence Day celebration? Share your 4th of July celebration pictures with us!