It’s snack time! Make these almond and goat cheese stuffed dates with prosciutto for a tiny snack with big flavors. This recipe is sweet and chewy from the date, creamy, cheesy and tangy from the goat cheese, and crunchy, salty and a little smokey from the almonds. Plus they’re wrapped in a blanket of sweet prosciutto for a meaty bonus.
Prep time: 15 min
Total time: 15 min
Yields: 10-12 stuffed dates
- 10-12 medjool dates
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 6 slices prosciutto, cut in half lengthwise
- Cut a slit lengthwise in the dates and remove the seed.
- In a small bowl stir together the softened goat cheese, chopped almonds, thyme, salt and pepper until they are well combined.
- Stuff each date with some of the almond goat cheese mixture.
- Close the dates then wrap a piece of the prosciutto around each one and secure it with a toothpick.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.