Summer is so close we can taste it, so we’re prepping with a summer staple: margaritas! Delicious drinks like margaritas can really hit us hard in the healthy eating/drinking department, and as athletes, we just can’t spare the extra calories. Check out these drinks with fewer calories to sip guilt-free this summer.
Super skinny not-so-classic
Calories: 100 per serving
- 12 ounces Sparkling ICE Lemon Lime water (or any lemon lime flavored sparkling water)
- 6 ounces tequila
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 TBSP fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 lime, cut into 4 slices , for garnish
- Optional: coarse salt for rimming glass
- Rub the lime wedges around the rims of 4 glasses. Place salt on a small plate and turn each glass upside down, dipping the rims in the sugar to coat. Fill glasses with crushed ice.
- Place sparkling water, tequila, orange juice and lime juice into a pitcher and stir. Pour into 4 prepared glasses and garnish with lime slice.
- 1 oz Skinny Triple Sec
- 1 oz gold tequila
- juice of half a grapefruit (1/3 cup)
- juice of half a lime
- 1/2 cup sparkling water
- Combine all ingredients and serve over ice.
- 1 cucumbers
- 2 limes, juice only
- 1 tbsp raw agave nectar
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup coconut water
- 3 oz tequila
- Ice cubes, mint leaves and sea salt, to serve
- Add cucumbers, lime, mint leaves, agave and coconut water into a blender and pulse to obtain a green juice.
- Strain and transfer into a pitcher, add tequila and mix to combine.
- Place sea salt onto a dish, moisten the rim of a rocks glass with a lime slice, then dip in salt.
- Fill the glasses with ice cubes, evenly pour the cocktail, decorate with mint leaves and serve.