Yes, fries are supposed to be a side, but these baked garlic sweet potato fries are so good that you may be tempted to make them as your entire meal.
The common worry with baking fries is that they’ll end up too mushy. But these have the perfect amount of crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Get ready for restaurant-style quality without all that heavy oil and grease.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Place potatoes in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Add olive oil and gently toss to combine; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place into oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden and crisp, tossing occasionally.
- Combine sweet potato with garlic and Parmesan.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.