Don’t blow off holiday snacks this year- make them healthy instead! This recipe encompasses all the goodness of candied pecans without the sugar. Made with coconut oil and maple syrup, these are sure to be a holiday favorite. Note: you probably don’t want to leave these sitting in a bowl on the counter, or you might just grab a handful every time you walk by and end up wondering where they all went.
Serving size: ¼ cup
Makes 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups raw pecans
- Melt coconut oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add maple syrup, vanilla and salt and stir well.
- When mixture is bubbling, add pecans.
- Stir pecans well, so that they’re completely coated in the maple syrup mixture. Cook and stir constantly for about 5 minutes, being careful so that they don’t burn.
- Take the pan off the heat and transfer the pecans onto a piece of wax paper or parchment paper to cool.
- Serve when cool. Hide the extras in an airtight container so that you don’t eat them all in one sitting.