Toast is boring. Let’s spice it up! And what better way to spice up your morning than with avocado? And what better way to spice up your avocado than making it caprese? Avocado toast in itself is pretty satisfying. But add fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, basil and egg? You’ve got one mouth-watering breakfast, lunch, snack or even dinner!
Plus, it is beyond easy to make. No cooking is involved, unless you consider using the toaster cooking (some do- no judgement!).
Yield: Serves 4
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices bread, toasted
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced and cut into pieces, to fit the bread
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Cut the avocados in half, remove pit, and scoop the flesh into a small bowl. Add the lemon juice, sea salt and black pepper, to taste. With a fork, mash the ingredients together, keeping the texture slightly chunky.
- Peel and chop hard-boiled eggs.
- Spread the mashed avocado evenly onto toasted bread slices. Top with fresh mozzarella slices, tomatoes and basil. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.