Lighter than a steak, spicier than a burger, more flavorful than a chicken breast. Bust out of your dinner rut with these Chicken Taco Burgers! If Mexican is your cuisine of choice, you will flip for the flavor combo in these burgers. A paleo-friendly favorite, these bunless burgers call for just a few fresh ingredients, like avocado and jalapenos.
Prep time: 10 min
Total time: 30 min
- 3 pounds ground chicken breast
- 1 packet Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 large jalapeno, deseeded and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 limes, freshly squeezed
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken breast, taco seasoning, jalapeno and cilantro until well mixed. Form into patties.
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet. Cook patties until cooked through. Remove from heat and cool slightly before serving.
- In a medium bowl, use a fork to mash together avocados, lime juice and chopped scallions. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm patties with guacamole.