Protein? Check. Easy to make? You bet. Can I eat it in the car? Heck yes. These cranberry almond energy bites make the perfect snack or breakfast.
Packed with nutritional foods like chia seeds, ground flaxseed, peanut butter and almonds, they have plenty of protein, fiber and healthy fats to fill you up and give you the energy you need to conquer your day!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup oatmeal
- ⅓ cup almonds, chopped
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- ⅓ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed (optional)
- ½ c. peanut butter (or nut or almond butter)
- ¼ c. honey
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- Bake oatmeal, almonds and coconut for 8-10 minutes at 350°, stirring after 5 minutes. Allow the mixture to cool.
- In a medium bowl, microwave the peanut butter for 20-30 seconds until runny. Add the baked mix along with flaxseed, honey, chia seeds and cranberries to the bowl.
- Form into 1.5″ balls and refrigerate. Store in an airtight container refrigerated for up to one week or freezer for three months.