Sometimes keeping it simple is best!
2 cups (12 ounces) dark chocolate chips
2 tablespoons coconut oil (optional item – it helps to make a thinner coat on the banana slices)
3 ripe bananas
Toppings! — sprinkles, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, crushed Oreo…anything!
- You can melt the dark chocolate in a double broiler or using the microwave, but be sure to monitor and stir often.
- While the chocolate is melting (and this can be done before melting the chocolate), peel and slice the bananas into ~1/2 inch slices.
- Optional: add the oil to the chocolate and stir until combined
- Drop each slice of banana into the chocolate, coating completely. Remove with the fork.
- Drop the chocolate covered banana slice into one of your toppings and transfer to a baking sheet/wax paper.
- You may need to rewarm the chocolate during this process, but continue to dip each slice into chocolate and top as you wish.
- Freeze until solid; typically ~6 hours.