If you’re firing up the grill this Father’s Day weekend, switch it up from burgers and hot dogs and try these Grilled Salmon Skewers! The garlic dijon marinade with parsley is an amazing complement to the smokey flavor of the salmon. Add Dad’s choice of veggies to these skewers for a healthy lunch or dinner for the whole family!
Servings: 4 (8 skewers)
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 28 mins
- 1.5 lbs salmon fillets, cut into 1-inch squares
- Veggies of choice: 2 large lemons, tomatoes, yellow peppers, pick your own, or mix and match!
- 2 Tbsp parsley, freshly chopped
- 2 large or 3 small garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp light olive oil (not extra virgin, pick something with a higher smoke point)
- 2 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice from 1/2 large lemon or 1 small lemon
- In a medium bowl, stir together all of the marinade ingredients: 2 Tbsp chopped parsley, 2 pressed garlic cloves, ½ Tbsp dijon, ½ tsp salt, ⅛ tsp pepper, 2 Tbsp olive oil, 2 Tbsp lemon juice.
- Slice veggies
- Double skewer the salmon and lemon slices folded in half intermittently onto two skewers at a time (The double skewer aids in turning the salmon kebobs on the grill). Brush both sides of skewered salmon with marinade.
- Oil the grates then carefully place salmon skewers onto the hot BBQ. Grill kebobs for 3-4 minutes per side or until salmon is cooked through and opaque.