Avocados provide nearly 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins, and folic acid. They also act as a “nutrient booster” by enabling the body to absorb more fat-soluble nutrients, such as alpha and beta-carotene and lutein, in foods that are eaten with the fruit.
This Halo Green avocado lime dressing will add a Southwestern, tangy twist to any salad or dish! This dressing is super easy to whip up, full of flavor and is so much healthier than bottled dressings. Try it on Mexican food- the cilantro and lime add an extra punch of flavor!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon ranch seasoning powder (homemade or storebought)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Slice the avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop the flesh from the skin.
- Add to a blender along with all of the other ingredients.
- Blend together until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate for one hour before serving.
- Keeps in the fridge for 3 days.
Recipe from Buns in My Oven