If you’re looking for a healthier, grain-free, heavenly alternative to standard pasta, you’ll love these lean, green zucchini noodles! Zucchini noodles are the perfect way to use up the rest of your summer zucchini! This recipe is so easy that you will seriously question why you never tried it before.
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and position one of the racks on the top closest to the heat.
- Peel the skin off each zucchini with the vegetable peeler, unless you prefer more bitter, colorful noodles.
- For long, thin ribbon noodles: Use a vegetable peeler or mandolin. If using a mandolin, make sure that you use one of the smallest blade settings in order to produce small, thin noodles. Peel off several from one side until you reach the seeds, then turn the zucchini and peel off more until all that is left is the core. Set the core aside.
For thicker, lasagna-style noodles: Use sharp kitchen knife or a mandolin on the thickest blade setting. Cut slices of the zucchini off the vegetable lengthwise using a knife. The noodles should hold their form but still be fairly thin. When you approach the seeds, turn the zucchini and begin slicing another side.
For spaghetti-style noodles: Use a vegetable peeler, julienne peeler, or mandolin. Pass the peeler or julienne peeler down one lengthwise side of the zucchini. Only catch a thin portion of the zucchini, no thicker than 1/2 inch (1.25 cm), for each pass in order to create thin spaghetti-like noodles. If using a julienne peeler, this thickness should already be preset, so no additional work will need to be done on your part.
- Place the zucchini noodles into a bowl and toss with 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil and ground pepper. Place parchment paper onto a baking sheet and spread zucchini noodles onto the pan evenly. Place into the oven onto the top rack and roast for 15 minutes.
- Eat warm or cold and enjoy with the sauce of your choice!
Recipe adapted from Well and Good.
These heavenly noodles are brought to you today by the ASPIRE Halo Green!