Mini. Eggplant. Pizzas. All of these words make my mouth water! These little pizzas make for a tasty snack or filling main course. Switch up the toppings to make your customized pizza of choice! Plus this recipe was constructed with busy athletes’ schedule in mind- they’re so easy to make!
Yield: 20-24 mini pizzas
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 2 large eggplant, sliced 1 inch thick
- 24 oz jar tomato sauce
- 20 slices provolone cheese (or mozzarella if you prefer)
- 3-4 oz fresh cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- Pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat your oven to 425 F. In two baking trays arrange the sliced eggplants. Sprinkle the Himalayan salt and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the bake eggplant from the oven and turn your broiler on. Spread 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce over each eggplant round followed by one slice of provolone. Arrange some fresh spinach and cherry tomatoes over the cheese and broil for 3-5 minutes. Make sure you keep a close look while the eggplant is under the broiler as they can burn really fast.
- Serve while still hot.