Frittatas (otherwise known as egg muffins to you non-international folk) are a delicious, easy breakfast food that are also great for you. The combination of spinach, three cheeses and garlic makes this recipe a must-cook. They’re also so easy to make!
- 6 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream (use Greek yogurt for a healthier option!)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together spinach, ricotta, sour cream (or Greek yogurt), and cheeses.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, hot sauce, cumin, garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon pepper.
- Add the egg mixture to the spinach mixture.
- Spray a muffin tin liberally with cooking spray. (Nothing sticks like eggs can.) Add the mixture to the muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then take out of the muffin tins. I like to serve with more Parmesan cheese.
Recipe adapted from BakedBree.