Easy, healthy and delicious. These are a few of our favorite things, and this recipe nails them all. The combination of garlic, lemon and herbs are incredibly delicious. Plus, it’s so easy that even your kids could make it (although we’d recommend some supervision). Throw everything together, let it marinade overnight and bake. Done!
Prep time: 5 minutes + marinading overnight
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 12 chicken legs (drumsticks)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 slices of lemon for garnishing
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a bowl, season (chicken legs) drumsticks with died oregano, dried thyme, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and garlic. Place in a container and add the olive oil and lemon juice. Toss everything very well.
- Marinate overnight.
- Place the chicken pieces in a large casserole dish (9 x 13).
- Roast for 30 minutes until it begins to brown.
- Flip pieces and bake a remaining 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Garnish with lots of fresh parsley and slices of lemon.