I love Asian food, but I don’t particularly love the guilty feelings that often come along with eating it. Orange chicken is one of my favorite Asian dishes, and I was over the moon to find and try this SKINNY orange chicken recipe. This recipe is traditionally delicious with a nontraditional amount of calories. And it’s easy to make!
ORANGE CHICKEN INGREDIENTS:
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Toppings (your choice): thinly-sliced green onions, toasted sesame seeds, and/or orange zest
ORANGE CHICKEN SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- Zest of one orange
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Season chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute for about 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned and nearly cooked through.
- While chicken is sauteing, whisk all orange chicken sauce ingredients (garlic, orange juice, honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, cornstarch, ginger, white pepper, orange zest, red pepper flakes) together until combined in a bowl. If you would like the sauce to be even sweeter, add an extra 2-4 tablespoons of honey.
- Pour the orange chicken sauce into the pan, and stir to combine. Let the sauce come to a boil, then boil for an additional minute or two until thickened. Remove from heat and serve immediately over Quinoa or rice. Garnish with green onions, sesame seeds and additional orange zest.
Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven.