These little muffins are easy to make, easy to grab in the morning and an easy way to get in your veggies! Great for breakfast, snacks, before workouts and after workouts. Try this recipe over and over with different veggies!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: about 18 to 20 minutes
Total Time: about 45 minutes, for cooling
Yield: 1 dozen medium muffins
Calories: 100 per medium-sized muffin
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup small diced orange bell peppers
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (unthawed)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn (unthawed)
- 8 large eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shredded cheese
- OR substitute any vegetables of your choice!
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray a non-stick muffin pan generously with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add carrots, peppers, peas, corn (or your own veggies of choice!) and toss to combine.
- Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 to 3/4 full with vegetable mixture.
- Crack eggs and lightly beat with a whisk.
- Add the salt and pepper, to taste, to the eggs and whisk to combine.
- Pour about 2-3 tablespoons of egg into each muffin cup. Cups should then be about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle each cup with your cheese of choice.
- Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes until muffins are lightly golden. They will puff in the oven, but sink upon cooling.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan on top of a wire rack for about 10 minutes before removing.