Post by: Mary Lambkin of Minutes per Mile.
Last week, I had the opportunity to visit the headquarters of Swiftwick! As my long-time readers may recall, Swiftwick is my #1 favorite sock brand on the planet. Needless to say, I was pretty pumped for this adventure.
I got to sit down with Katy Holmes, Athlete & PR Coordinator at Swiftwick, who gave me the scoop on the brand story and her position. Swiftwick works with hundreds of runners, cyclists, golfers, hockey players, triathletes and so many other types of athletes — you can read many of their stories on the Swiftwick blog, actually. Pretty cool.
The Swiftwick office is, I admit, kind of typical in many ways. Grey and white cubicles, bland carpet, fluorescent lights, etc. But then it’s totally NOT typical in other ways. For example, there seem to be an equal amount of bicycles as there are employees.
Also, the Swiftwick office is located right next to a huge local fitness center and some awesome running trails, which is no coincidence — it’s apparent that the employees here are invested in health and fitness, both professionally and personally. Katy said that working here has been inspirational for her in a number of ways. She’s currently training for a half marathon!
And obviously these people love socks. There are socks and mannequin legs everywhere in Swiftwick HQ, and it’s not weird at all.
Don’t you love these hot pink ones from the VISION TEAM line, btw? I need to get myself a pair. Fun fact: “Crave Pink” and “Halo Green” are two of Swiftwick’s top-selling colors.
Speaking of the socks, let’s get to it! I’ve always known that Swiftwick socks felt wonderful to run in, but never took the time to learn why.
Turns out there are quite a few reasons (you can read them all here!) why Swiftwick socks are the best on the planet. Some of my favorites include:
- Seamless construction: Swiftwick socks have “linked toe technology,” meaning there’s no seam around your toes. Which means no bunching or blisters by your toes, either!
- Compression: Swiftwick socks hug each foot at its medial, lateral, and transversal arch points to reduce swelling and increase circulation. The Swiftwick team says each sock is like a “second skin.” I say it’s like jeggings for your feet. And I mean jeggings in the best possible way.
- Wicking: Have you ever gone on a run in the rain and come back with raw skin and stanky socks? Swiftwick’s wicking material helps shed moisture and keep your feet smelling and feeling good even when it’s pouring rain or dripping humidity.
- Light and low: Personally, I’ve never many issues with sock blisters — but I do have issues with socks that are thick and fugly. I love the light feel of Swiftwick sock material and the low profile of their “ZERO” height. Cute and comfortable.
- Made in the USA: Swiftwick sources all of its products in our country and produces them here, too (hello, Chattanooga!). Team USA!
One question I’ve always had about my Swiftwick socks: Is there a proper way to wash them? Swiftwick socks can be washed normally with the rest of your clothing, or you can keep them in a delicates bag. Katy also recommended not drying them on high heat. Oops.
If you’ve actually read all of this and are interested in buying a pair of socks, I highly recommend the VIBE and ASPIRE lines. I wear them all the time and am making a promise to myself to take better care of them in the washer from now on .
Thanks for having me, Swiftwick!
- What brand of socks do you run in?
- High socks or low socks?
- If you could visit the headquarters of any fitness brand, which brand would it be?!
Read the original article here.